We get lots of emails asking us what tools we use to build our products and run our business, so I figured wed just post it to the blog.
- For text editing, HTML, programming, and CSS work we use a combination of TextWrangler, TextMate, and Vim.
- For accounting we use Quickbooks Pro 2006 for Mac (we download our statements from Chase and American Express into Quickbooks).
- For tech support we use Gmail and TypeIt4Me.
- For internal bug tracking we use Trac.
- For managing our email newsletters we use Campaign Monitor.
- For running our blogs we use Movable Type.
- For managing our RSS feeds we use Feedburner.
- For our Basecamp and Backpack forums we use PunBB.
- For computers we use Apple Powerbooks and iMac G5s (we also have a Dell for testing on the PC).
- For our payment gateway we use Authorize.net.
- For our web hosting we use Tilted.
- For designing documents we use Adobe InDesign.
- For instant group communications we use Apple iChat, Skype, Adium, and Campfire.
- For keeping people organized we use Sunrise.
And of course Ruby on Rails powers our apps, Writeboard helps us write, Ta-da List keeps our quick and dirty lists in order, Basecamp helps us manage projects and products, and Backpack helps us all stay dangerously organized. [Signal vs. Noise]