Matt in the mailbag says that he's planning to become a consultant in
the next 6 to 8 months and is studying right now for the Small Business
Matt….here are some more ideas to help you in your journey….
- Join a partner group – the web site at www.sbsgroups.com
lists the locations around the world for a group in your area to meet
and talk with your fellow consultant. Find out what they do and how
they do it.
- Sign up for the Microsoft partner program. Get the action pack and roll up your sleeves and start learning.
- Follow the blogs and forums at www.mssmallbiz.com
- Sign up for the SBS listserve resources:
- email@example.com for the technical one
- firstname.lastname@example.org for the sales/business one
- email@example.com for sales/licensing, etc.
- Use the WOW factor. Set up SBS yourself
and use it. Get a Audiovox or other Mobile device that seemlessly
connects to SBS. Show the WOW.