Getting RID of that annoying wallpaper.
was remoting into a Dell OEM to test Sean's instructions [and yes, the
work but I'd recommend that you put the data files on a D: or other
drive] and got majorly slowed down by that annoying Dell wallpaper that
takes forrrevver to resolve while you are remoting in…. UGGGHHHHH and
remembered that Eriq Neale had the info on taking that sucker off…
Courtesy Eriq Neale
To remove the Dell wallpaper image:
1. Open Regedit on the server.
2. Go to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop.
3. Look for the Wallpaper value in the right-hand pane. It will
probably point to C:\WINDOWS\system32\DELLWALL.BMP.
4. Double-click on the Wallpaper value.
5. Delete the contents and click OK.
6. Close Regedit.