So this evening I was doing the dew and catching up on some reading when I came across an interesting article
on Security Pipeline about the “7 Myths of Network Security”. It is
well worth the read. In summary, the article breaks down the 7 Myths as:
- Myth: Encryption guarantees protection
- Myth: Firewalls will make you bulletproof
- Myth: Hackers ignore old software
- Myth: Macs Are safe
- Myth: Security tools and software patches make everybody safer
- Myth: As long as your corporate network is unbreached, hackers can't hurt you
- Myth: If you work for a security enterprise, your data is safe.
So, as you can imagine, the article discusses how the opposite of the myths are true. Notice #4? I talked about that a bit last week. These are good points that I see on a regular basis. Please spread the word to others, and bust these myths.
[Dana Epp's ramblings at the Sanctuary]