Computer Cops ran an article yesterday on '10 must do tips to make your Windows PC more secure '.
Here is the summary of that list of tips:
- Update your anti-virus software once a week and run a complete test.
- Install a firewall.
- Update your operating system with the latest patches every 2 weeks.
- Do not use Internet Explorer
- Be very careful where you give personal information out.
- Be very careful opening email attachments
- Ignore virus warning emails
- Use anti-spyware software
- Do not forward emails that claim something will happen if you send it to a certain number of people
- Backup up important files
Ok, Ok. It's a pretty dull list. We know all this. But if you could get
your grandma to actually DO THIS… it would be a start 🙂
[Dana Epp's ramblings at the Sanctuary]