Thesis Paper Proposal. After seven (7) different ideas and proposals(!), I've selected a topic for my thesis paper: The Role of Metaphor in Interaction Design. My proposal (35k pdf) was signed off by my advisor Shelley Evenson this morning. Hooray!
In case you're wondering what the other, unchosen ones were:
- A Taxonomy of Digital Adaptive Tools
- Visualizing the Behavior of Adaptive Monitoring Tools
- Designing for Creative Misuse
- Cinematic Interaction Design: Using the Language and Conventions of Film to Enhance Applications, Web Sites, and Operating Systems
- Refreshing the Desktop Metaphor
I'm not sure whether there was a progression in there or not… [dan saffer :: what I'm studying]