Ted Nelson @ Hypertext 2003. Here in Nottingham at Hypertext '03. Ted Nelson is up to talk about the computer science's obsession with emulating paper and hierarchies.
- “you should only have to type in a thing once” — easy record keeping, nothing lost
- Driven by overlapping categories. How to represent variations on bull fighting (mex, span, mycean)?
- Why can't you trasnclude texts like images in www? But you can with external script files and document.write.
- And the payoff, http://vlit.mozdev.org – a mozilla based attempt to enable arbitrary content level linking.
- transclusion is every santa claus at xmas times sharing knowledge
I've always had a soft spot for Ted. I'd love to see him speak. [Curiouser and curiouser!]