Criteria for optimal web design (designing for usability). Some of the questions that Michael Bernard tries to answer:
– How should information be positioned in a typical website?
– How can I make my website's structure more navigable?
– How should text be presented within a website?
– How can I effectively use images on my website?
– Are frames ever appropriate?
– How can I design a visually pleasing interface that follows usability principles?
– How can I reduce the major user annoyances on my site?
– How can I make my site more accessible to children?
– How can I make my site more accessible to older adults?
– How can I make sure my site follows general Web conventions?
– How can my website promote customer sales and loyalty?
– How can I make my site more appealing to international users?
Thanks to Pablo Costa for the link. [PHP Everywhere]